Search This Blog

Saturday, March 23, 2013

Batteson: Last Name Origin

Am trying to find out more about my roots but it's difficult as I have so little information to go by 8(

My father, Douglas Herbert William Batteson was born in 1914 in the Transkei.

His great great grandfather seems to have hailed from Chesterfield in Derbyshire and seems to have been a ship's doctor/surgeon who was returning to England from India when the ship sank off the coast of southern Africa. He and a fellow passenger managed to get to land and decided to remain in South Africa where he was, apparently, district surgeon in the Kokstad, Molteno or Matatiele area of Griqualand East

My grandfather's name may have been Herbert Batteson ( he and my father were not close and dad never talked about him ) He was married to Mary Ann Trollip and they had 3 or 4 children.






Surname Database: Batteson Last Name Origin

Batteson:Surname History

No comments:

Post a Comment