Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Johnny Clegg; Exclusive Interview With Johnny Clegg; Musician; South Africa; Music Mix/Videos

11th Dec 2018
Today I read that one of my verry favourite singers and musicians, Johnny Clegg, is battling the curse of Cancer :(

His music takes me back to my youth in South Africa where I spent my youth growing up in mine communities, both gold and coal.

Sadly I never learned a tribal language as it wasn't compulsory to teach one at school in those days but I do recognise many words.

I was fortunate in that I watched tribal dancing in real time and listened to music played on primitive instruments that delivered the greatest sounds.

I pray that Johnny Clegg has victory over the Big C and carries on making music and uniting a still very fragmented country!
It seems that he, like me, regards education for all children as the key to success and so supports the idea of free education for al! May it happen very soon!


Exclusive Interview With Johnny Clegg

Video: Clegg Walking

Video: Clegg and Mandela

Video: Clegg and Son

Video: Clegg and Savuka 1985

Video: The Crossing (Mix)

No comments:

Post a Comment