Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 06, 2016

French Court bans TV Advert that stars smiling kids with Down Syndrome

Many years ago I, as a practising midwife, thought that babies born with Down Syndrome would be better off had they been aborted early in pregnancy. At the time abortion was illegal in South Africa where I lived and facilities for helping these children and their parents to cope were few and far between. My attitude changed when, after emigrating to Scandinavia, I saw just how well these children and adults coped with the handicap because of the care and attention they received. Sitting on a bus and watching these people helping each other and squabbling like any normal kids still brings a smile to my face!

French Court bans TV Advert that stars kids with Down Syndrome

No comments:

Post a Comment