Search This Blog

Thursday, June 06, 2019

Gordon Murray's Supercar To Use Highest Revving Engine In Industry; GSM Dart; Bud Rossler

6th June 2019

A while back I read that F1 motor racing designer, Gordon Murray, has bought a classic GSM Dart from a certain Ed Rossler who is the brother of Bud Rossler who I happened to meet many years ago on a mine property near the town of Witbank in South Africa.

The year was 1962 and Mr Rossler came to work alongside my dad for a month.
I was home from boarding school at the time and met him in our home and he offered me a ride in his blue GSM Dart..reg no TCE 2223.
Seems the car was originally canary yellow.

Later that same year I met him again at Kyalami Race Track where, on that day, my racing hero, Gary Hocking, drove his last F1 race before being killed in a crash just 6 days later.

Seems Bud Rossler owned and raced in that very same car that Mr Gordon Murray now owns and which eventually landed up in Jersey.
There it seems to have remained until sold to Mr Murray in 2018.

The awesome thing is that I actually sat in that car and was driven around the mine property in it!

Bud Rossler himself as well as his bro were also mechanics and worked for Stirling Moss until he, Bud, became a special effects technician in the movies and worked with Steve McQueen during the making of Le Mans.

Gordon Murray's Supercar To Use Highest-Revving Engine In Industry

The Gordon Murray T.50 Makes The McLaren F1 Look Compromised

Remembering Gary Hocking


No comments:

Post a Comment