Search This Blog

Monday, October 24, 2022

A Unified Field Theory of Bob Dylan

When I first heard the song Positively 4th Street in the sitting room of the Nurses' Home of the city of the then Pretoria in South Africa in 1966, I was hooked!!

In the old days, as student nurses, we never earned much but I went out and bought his album with Suze Rotolo and he on the cover! It was called 'Freewheelin' Bob Dylan' and I played it until my fellow student nurses started complaining!

Years later in 1991 I read the book 'Behind The Shades' after watching a concert done in Australia with Tom Petty and his group on TV and Bob sang 'In The Garden'..the song about Jesus in the Garden of Gethsemane..and I was stunned!

Eventually in 2004 I saw and heard Bob in the flesh at a concert in Stockholm, Sweden.

Sadly my seat was far from the stage and there were no big screens in place but it was rather awesome to be breathing the same air as he!

Now we're both ' ancients of days' one could say..he being 3 yrs older than I..and I often wonder who will bite the dust first! 😎

Well anyway I'm glad I met his music altho' I was never too in love with his politics..from which, it seems, he may have moved on a bit 🤔

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2022/10/31/a-unified-field-theory-of-bob-dylan

Wikipedia: Bob Dylan

No comments:

Post a Comment