Lahore: November 9, 2010. (PCP) A Christian woman named Asia Bibi was sentenced to death by District and Session Courts after year long trial on accusation of blasphemy filed by Muslim villagers of Ittanwali, where she was residing from generations.
While working in farms with other Muslim women, Asia Bibi was dragged in religious dialogues on June 19, 2009, when Muslim women termed her an “Infidel” and Christianity a “Religion of infidels” and pressed her to embrace Islam.
Asia Bibi who is married and have two children, defended Christianity with her little knowledge and told Muslim women that Christianity is only True religion on which Muslim women made a roar and accused her defiling Prophet Mohammad.
- Christian woman sentenced to death in Pakistan 'for blasphemy'
- Keep giving to Pakistan, says GFA
- Pakistan Christian Congress demands immediate release of Asia Bibi
- Christians and Muslims issue joint statement condemning Iraqi church attack
- Pope’s appeal for Bibi is wonderful, hope for a quick ruling
- A campaign by AsiaNews
- Family waits to see if mother, accused of blasphemy, will be hanged
- Pakistani woman's blasphemy death sentence appealed
- Zardari may pardon woman sentenced to death for 'blasphemy'
- Pakistani woman facing death for blasphemy may be pardoned
- Aasia Bibi, Pakistani Christian, will get clemency or pardon: presidential aide
- Blasphemy case : Zardari warned not to grant pardon
- No mercy petition, no presidential pardon
Imam Maulana Yousuf Qureshi: - Blasphemy case: Cleric offers Rs500,000 for Aasia’s execution
Shahbaz Bhatti: - Pakistan minister condemns reward for killing Christian woman
- Pakistan Christian Congress Files Petition in UN to release Asia Bibi