Search This Blog

Monday, November 03, 2014

Al Pacino; 'Serpico'; Who is Frank Serpico? Police corruption

In 1973 I saw the movie 'Serpico' in Pretoria, South Africa and, literally, fell in love with Al Pacino who played the role of a real NYPD cop named Frank Serpico.
The movie was pretty violent and I was amazed at the level of police corruption in the USA considering the fact that the country supports the death penalty.

I have my own copy of the movie and have watched it a number of times since that first time. Al Pacino and I were both born in the 1940s but he is 4 yrs older than me so I'm happy! I wonder which of us will pass first!
I have watched most of his movies and, for the most part, have enjoyed them.
He is truly one of the world's greatest actors and long may he run!

Today I came across an article written by the real Frank Serpico who, at the age of 78 is still going strong in spite of the attempts of the NYPD to silence him all those years ago.

He worked in the narcotics department at the time and drugs, as then, still are raking in vast amounts of money for those who deal and sell them and causing the death and destruction of the thousands if not millions who use them.

Frank Serpico: The Police Are Still Out Of Control

What drives Al Pacino?

No comments:

Post a Comment