Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 08, 2019

Deuteronomy: Chapter 28- Blessings or Curses; Moral Decline in Britain and America

I started my trip through the Word of God/The Bible in 1987 after a series of catastrophic events in my everyday, mundane life!

Even though I'd been raised in Protestant Methodism and had attended Roman Catholic schools for most of my education and had learned about God and Jesus and said prayers and such, I'd  never actually read with my own eyes the written source of the information received.

After making it through these trials and tribulations, I understood that I'd not done so by my own strength and power. I started to feel the need to know more about 'God and His Son, Jesus Christ' and especially Jesus as, even though I'd watched movies about His time on earth and knew about His death and resurrection, I didn't really know where and how He fitted into the bigger picture.

As I've come to learn all these years later, God our Father draws us into seeking answers and, until He starts the process, we cannot start the journey into knowing who Jesus, the Son, is and why He was sent. That He came to earth in human form to tell us about our Father's amazing plan for all of mankind if we who receive the message, believe it in faith and follow directions given in His Word which is the Bible.

John 6: 44

The Bible is made up of 2 Covenants...
The Old Covenant/Testament known as the Tanakh
The New Covenant/ Testament known as the B'rit Hadashah

Although in the modern world the Tanakh has been put on the back burner and 'christians' tend to read only the B'rit Hadashah, we need to keep in mind that Jesus, when He said 'it is written' was referring to the Tanakh as the New Covenant was only written after His death and resurrection.

With that said, I decided to say something about the happenings going on in the world today and how we have been warned in the book of Deuteronomy chapter 28 about 'Blessings and Curses' that will be given and meted out to those who choose to obey the..as they are known..Ten Commandments which are the guidelines for all of mankind and to those who have decided to ignore them and follow their own road of 'Lawlessness' which has led and is leading us down the slippery slope into the mayhem we are experiencing today.

God is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow and never changes and neither does His Word.
We can choose Life into Eternity or we can choose Death and Destruction. After having read all of God's Word and re-reading it on a daily basis, I have chosen Life with the hope of living with the Creator as part of His Family in the World To Come. ♡

Things The Law Does: 119 Ministries

Moral Decline in Britain and America


No comments:

Post a Comment