Search This Blog

Saturday, May 01, 2021

'Rush'..the movie! Lauda v Hunt or was it Hunt v Lauda?

 Yesterday, 30th April 2021..I watched the movie 'Rush' which apparently shows the rivalry between F1 drivers, Niki Lauda and James Hunt..both now deceased!

I never realised these 2 champions were such rivals but I do remember James Hunt being known for his rather decadent lifestyle! Seems he died of a heart attack at age 45 years and Niki Lauda, after a dreadful accident which caused him severe burns and especially to the face, lived on to the age of 70.

Anyway the movie brought back strong memories of the day I went to Kyalami in December 1962 to watch Gary Hocking race for the last time before he was killed in practice shortly after!

I saw the old Dunlop Bridge that I'd walked across all those years ago and the Paddock where the cars were stationed. Also the Pits where the drivers came in for change of tyres or for refueling. A busy place that was for sure!

Rush..the movie

Niki Lauda, Formula One Champion Who Pushed Limits, Dies at 70

No comments:

Post a Comment