Search This Blog

Monday, May 10, 2021

The Other Comforter: Nader Mansour

 In 1987 I started receiving a magazine called 'The Plain Truth' and after reading 5 or 6 of them I became curious and felt more and more inclined to read the Bible..which I'd never done even though brought up as a Methodist and attending Roman Catholic schools!

The reason for this prodding of the mind was because many or most of the articles in the magazine, although referring to the environment and other daily happenings in the world, kept using both the Old and New Testaments as reference points.

The first important aspect that I wanted to study was why this church that put out the magazine was Adventist/Sabbaterian

The Seventh Day Adventist church was looked upon as a cult and my parents had sort of warned me off!

However I was beginning to realise that the early followers of Jesus..both Jew and Gentile..did indeed keep the 7th day Sabbath. 

Also I had been celebrating Xmas and Easter up to the age of 42 years old and was finding out that these days were actually linked to paganism!

Eventually I dug out my copy of the old King James Version and started out on my life changing journey! 

The one really mind boggling difference about what I'd sort of learned earlier via Methodism and Catholicism was that there was no Trinity! The Godhead did not consist of three different spiritual beings..only two..the Father and His Son!

The church I was eventually baptised into splintered after its founder died and many returned to old protestant ways of thinking and even I tried other churches but once a Sabbath Keeper it was difficult to go back along the way I'd left behind!

Also the Trinity doctrine that most who call themselves christians follow is rather difficult to fully explain..why it is a false doctrine that is!

But today I found this awesome video that sheds a great deal of light on the matter so do watch it if you wish to be enlightened! May the spirit open your mind and convict it!!


The Other Comforter

No comments:

Post a Comment