Search This Blog

Sunday, December 17, 2023

Zola Budd: Her Story

 Today someone mentioned the name Zola Budd to me and, having been born and bred in South Africa myself, I decided to look her up on the Internet! Whether she was still around or not!?

The last time I read about Zola Budd was when she was disqualified from the race in which she supposedly tripped a world champion on purpose..and that she had been  granted British citizenship in order to run in overseas races seeing as, at that time and due to apartheid, she was not allowed to compete outside the country as a South African.

I must say, after reading her story all these years later, I'm amazed at her strength and courage in view of her losses and trials! A truly amazing example of 'never give up' in this turbulent world we live in today!! ☆♡☆

https://www.runnersworld.com/runners-stories/a21751547/zola-budd-after-the-fall/

No comments:

Post a Comment