Search This Blog

Saturday, December 22, 2018

Tibor Rubin..His Story; Mitzvah; Charitable deeds; Anti-Semitism

Today I listened to a great teaching about the importance of 'mitzvah' as one walks with YHWH/ God on the journey through life.

The word 'mitzvah' can mean 'a charitable act' which is done over and above the Law of God because we are told to 'love our neighbour as we love ourselves'.
Gen 26:5

Then, on YouTube, I heard the story of Tibor Rubin being related by a well known pastor and how his mitzvahs saved many American soldiers' lives in the Korean war.

I checked out the story and found, among quite a few versions, the one to which I am posting the link.

It gives me hope that, in spite of being a very ordinary human being as was Tibor Reuben, I too am performing/have performed mitzvahs which glorify God.

It took many years to be recognised for his great deeds here on earth but, being a believing Jew, Tibor Rubin had the hope of receiving rewards for his faithfulness if not in this world, more importantly, in the world to come/ olam haba.

Tibor Rubin..his story

No comments:

Post a Comment